Saturday, June 27, 2009

An Adult's Playground

After an early morning with street teams, Tiffy, Frances, and I sprinted out to Bondi Beach. As rainclouds crowded the sky today, I began to fret over our excursion. However, they only amplified the beauty of the sky. It was quite magnificent. I loved serving as an ornament in the pictures we took at the beach. Our goal was to capture the angry waves smashing against the rocks, but I don’t believe we have had much luck with that. We did enjoy a beachfront hike from Bondi Beach to Coogee Beach. It took a little bit longer than we expected so we hailed a cab back to our car in Bondi. From there, we raced to the extension of Hillsong in the city. Running 30 minutes late, we reached our destination. Of course, the service was amazing and the speaker gave encouragement and shared many deep thoughts. To top of the evening, we headed over to Darling Harbour and shared music and fireworks with fellow onlookers. Tiffany explained later that she knew of the AU Post Office celebration of 200 years and wanted to share that moment with us.
This place is truly an adult’s playground as the key phrase is “no worries.” Australia is a laid back environment allowing both natives and tourists to experience the surrounding beauty. This community reminds me very much of Hawaii. It is so enjoyable experiencing this with Tiffy and living her life for a few weeks. I am super stoked that I have a decent amount of time left to spend here.
As a side note, I feel slightly inclined to share a bit of tragic news I omitted on the previous blogs. My time here has been amazing, excluding a 10 minute blurp on our hike at the Wentworth Falls. During the short-cut section at the end of the trail, I decided to speed up the process and engage in jogging activities. These activities proved fatal as I reached a location where my foot intersected with a muddy step and a rock. I believe I sprained my ankle and have since attempted to speed up the recovery process. That is all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment